Mortal Online is an MMORPG being developed by Star Vault and Epic Games using the Unreal Engine 3. It is free of many of the restrictions of other massively multiplayer online role playing games. Currently in Beta, the Mortal Online MMO looks like the open Beta is scheduled to launch on March 17, 2009 based on the countdown on the official web site. the Frequently Asked Questions list summer of 2009 as the launch date).
Top 10 Reasons to Play Mortal Online:
1. Kill anyone at any time (part of the reason we liked Age of Conan before Funcom ruined it).
2. Dynamic mounted combat with mounts that can be stolen, killed, or eaten
3. Destroy buildings with Siege warfare
4. Use camouflage and hide with no floating names above players
5. Five Cool Races in the Half Orc, Tindremene, Khurite, Forest Elf, Sidoian
6. No levels or classes just skills
7. Extensive real-time combat including: targeting, stamina, manual and auto blocking, dual-wielding weapons, magic, hitboxes, fatalities, and death.
8. Purchase and build your own home.
9. Unreal Engine 3, Grome, and Speedtree for great graphics in this 3d virtual world.
10. Unique Monsters and Items that are Rare and Disappear